Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

What is the MCA pertaining to a spouse representing the

Customer Question
other spouse in a civil...
what is the MCA pertaining to a spouse representing the other spouse in a civil matter
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: montana
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I represented my wife a number of years ago, Now I can not find the MCA that states one spouse can represent the other spouse if that spouse is being sued and elects not to represent themselves
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
11/23/2016
Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 1 year ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry, but no such statute exists in the Montana Code Annotated. No such statute gives a party the right to elect their spouse represent them. And no exception here exists. You can see for your self the code HERE, and look under Title 25. CIVIL PROCEDURE and Title 40. FAMILY LAW. If I am wrong, please let me know.

Please note: If I tell you simply what you wish to hear, this would be unfair to you. I need to be honest with you and sometimes this means providing information that is not optimal. Negative ratings are reserved for experts who are rude or for erroneous information. Please rate me on the quality of my information; do not punish me for my honesty.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.

Hello again. This is a courtesy check in to see if you needed anything else in regards ***** ***** question because you never responded or replied positively. I am simply touching base. Let me know. Thanks!
Ely, Counselor at Law