How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 116792
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

It is a little ok? no I am not sure if I can do that, well I

Customer Question

it is a little long ok?
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no I am not sure if I can do that
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: well I lived with my boyfriend for 10 years hold on ty in 2013 he won a large settlement so he decided he wanted me to have a roof over my head so we bought an as house which needed many repairs he died 6 months later so I had to go to the court of wills for what little money he had in the account. That's when I was told that the title place filled my deed wrong instead of them putting us together they had as separt on the paper work. Ok I must have 5 deeds that are not corrct because I had to go though orphans court and another things we were first time buyers so we put our inials wherever they told us come to find out they put us as separate people which we told them to put in both names in case something was to happen to one of us which would had not been a problem.3 weeks ago he called me down there to sign deed, but guess what no deed again!he only wanted me to pay HIM for things he had to do, $750.00 and today I still have no correct deed. This is why people always says crocked lawyers!
JA: What state is this in? And just to clarify, when exactly were you notified?
Customer: maryland
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 8 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If this attorney is not doing this properly and fixing the deeds, then they are committing malpractice and liable to you for damages for their not properly securing your deed. He also should not be charging you any further money to correct his mistakes. At this point, I would suggest that you consider filing a complaint with the state bar office of disciplinary counsel against the attorney and then at the same time I would hire a new real estate law attorney to fix this mess. Once you do both of those things, you can then sue this first attorney for malpractice and seek to recover all of the additional money that it cost you to fix his negligent work.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Related Legal Questions