Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

My 2008 ford 5.4 engine is no good because of fords bad

Customer Question

My 2008 ford 5.4 engine is no good because of fords bad engine and they will mot repair it. And tell me I must pay 8500.00 to fix it
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Ohio
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I dont no i filed a consumer complaint
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 8 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Under warranty law, once the 8 year old engine was out of warranty Ford is no longer for repairing the engine. 8 year old mechanical items can break for wear and tear. If this is from wear and tear and use, then you have no recourse against Ford. You would have recourse if 1) Ford had a recall for a defective engine or 2) you can prove this is a defective design or defective in manufacture and you would need an actual engineer to examine the engine and make that determination. If you get an engineer to make the determination that the engine is defective in design or manufacture, then you would have to sue for product liability for design or manufacture defect and the engineer would have to testify as to how this is not from wear and tear but from the defect.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.