How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live in Illinois. I got married in 1996. We separated in

Customer Question

Hi, I live in Illinois. I got married in 1996. We separated in Dec. 1999. I purchased a home in 1998. The loan and all bills are and has been in my name since purchasing the house. I asked him for a divorce about 10yrs ago and he stated that he would not sign the paperwork because I would not state that the break up was my fault and even today that is his same answer. When I purchased the home I got it as a single woman because my income was verifiable and he was self employed so the realtor stated it was best if I didn't include him at all on the loan. We have been separated longer than we were married, what are my options?
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Legalease replied 8 months ago.

Hello there --


Has he ever mentioned making any claim to the house or anything else that you own or have purchased during this time period?



Customer: replied 8 months ago.

Related Legal Questions