Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I live in Illinois. I got married in 1996. We separated in

Customer Question

Hi, I live in Illinois. I got married in 1996. We separated in Dec. 1999. I purchased a home in 1998. The loan and all bills are and has been in my name since purchasing the house. I asked him for a divorce about 10yrs ago and he stated that he would not sign the paperwork because I would not state that the break up was my fault and even today that is his same answer. When I purchased the home I got it as a single woman because my income was verifiable and he was self employed so the realtor stated it was best if I didn't include him at all on the loan. We have been separated longer than we were married, what are my options?
Expert:  Legalease replied 8 months ago.

Hello there --

-

Has he ever mentioned making any claim to the house or anything else that you own or have purchased during this time period?

-

MARY

Customer: replied 8 months ago.