How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 116733
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have an attorney .its a civil rights case.its been going

Customer Question

Hello I have an attorney .its a civil rights case.its been going on for 2and a half years .the attorney. Took the case no problem .only now he doesnt return any of my phone calls .if i want to know anything i have to go down to the cout house and find out my self.where my case is at this time .its allready went threw all the steps the last i heard from the clerks office there were no more court dates.then the next thing that was told to me is that he had 30 days to searve the officers.i would think he would have done that from the beginning. The papers that i first got said my name vs Santa Clara County
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 8 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
The attorney has a duty under the rules of professional conduct to communicate with his client. If he is not doing so then he is in violation of those rules and you can make a complaint against him to the CA Bar Office of Disciplinary Counsel. However, before doing that you need to first go to the clerk's office and check the docket master to see if anything else has been done. Second, you need to write a letter to the attorney asking for an actual meeting with him regarding the case. If he refuses, then you need to file your complaint with the state bar and you would need to seek out a new attorney as well because he is not representing your needs.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.