How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband died on 11/04/2016 very suddenly with no will. I

Customer Question

My husband died on 11/04/2016 very suddenly with no will. I have been his common law wife in the State of Colorado for 30 years. His son took me to court and won a restraining order under Rathke vs McFarlane so that he can disburse of the body. I do not believe he proved his case and I believe after 30 years I should have right... What can I do?
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Colorado
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: What do you mean?
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: What do you mean anything filed or reported? Yes he is at 5280 Crematory
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so I just want to know what my rights are.
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 8 months ago.

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

Expert:  P. Simmons replied 8 months ago.

I am sorry for this dilemma...but not sure I understand your question. What is your question please? Are you asking the process to appeal a court order?