How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 19116
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Second opinion] - My 42 year old son had a brain injury on

Customer Question

Second opinion] - My 42 year old son had a brain injury on November 1st and was declared not able to answer for himself or make any decisions on his own. I am his mother and is trying to get temporary guardianship for him. I was told I can not get a POA because he would have to sign that and he is not in his right mind. can you help me with this?
JA: Can you tell me what state this is in? And just to clarify, what paperwork has been filed?
Customer: state of Florida. No paperwork yet. I am just able to get copies of his medical records from the hospital today at 2PM
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: just for his job. He has gotten approved for FMLA
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: yes, he is now in a Rehab and they want to put him out because he is not participating with the program because of his mind
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 8 months ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 8 months ago.

I am sorry to read about your son's difficulties.

Unfortunately, this site does not offer legal representation.

Yes, it is correct. You cannot do POA at this time if he is not competent.

You can obtain the Guardianship form at the local Courthouse, in the District where your son resides. For more information, click on the links below:

Guardianship information

Guardianship information-2

Guardianship forms

Goodluck with your case,