Maverick
Maverick, Attorney
Experience:  20 years experience as a civil trial and appellate lawyer
16823287

Im wondring if there are still ten judge jury oppossed to

Customer Question

im wondring if there are still ten judge jury oppossed to civilian 12
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: ks
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: i asked a court appointed lawyer.As a request.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: i got obsternized from college in a whellchair in 2001.Not from the schools end.It was socail servances that didnt supplie a electric wheel chair.Long story short sleep deprivation led to court because nobody took n
Expert:  Maverick replied 10 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer! My name is***** give me a few minutes to review your inquiry. Thank you for your patience.

Under KS law, in civil cases, either a six or a 12-member jury may be requested, or by agreement of the parties the jury could be waived and the case tried to a judge alone. Criminal cases require a 12-member jury for felonies and a six member jury for misdemeanor. A majority of ten jurors may decide a civil jury trial, but a unanimous verdict is required in criminal cases and in any six member jury case.

Please Note:

(1) The information I provide is general in nature and for educational purposes only. For example, it may help you identify the scope of receiving unbundled legal services from a local lawyer. It should not be construed as “legal advice” or as the rendition of “legal services” on any subject matter. I am not a specialist in any field. This information may not reflect current legal developments for your specific jurisdiction and is not guaranteed to be correct or complete. No attorney-client relationship is established without a signed written agreement and our communications are not confidential. Please do not act or fail to act based on this information alone. If you need legal advice or services regarding a specific matter, you should consult in-person with a local lawyer who can guide you after reviewing all the pertinent details of your situation. This disclaimer also applies to any telephone communications we may have.

(2) Most follow-up questions are answered with in the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours.

(3) When we are done, please assign a feedback rating.