Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

DHS filed a slanderous petition against me and they continue

Customer Question
to slander me. I...
DHS filed a slanderous petition against me and they continue to slander me. I have an unusal juvenile case and they keep telling me it is what it is because they are "forcing a square peg in a round hole". Not good enough....I need sound legal advise. My court appointed atty. said there is nothing I can do and I know that is wrong.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
11/21/2016
Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 1 year ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. Can you please tell me a little more about what has happened?

1) What is the record exactly?

2) What kind of suit has DHS filed against you and why?

3) Why are they bringing up the record?

4) What are they claiming that is false?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have a severely mental ill adopted child. She was committed to a residential facility. When it came time for her to discharge due to her mental status they refused to release her to me. The facility felt she needed to be in states custody to receive the care she requires. The next thing I know the states served me a petition for dependant neglect. DHS says I would not pick her up and I have attempted to explain repeatedly they would not release her to me. In this state anyone suffering from homicidal or suicidal ideations can not be released. Everyone keeps saying the same thing...there is no case law for parents like me. There is no protection within our own legal system for a sitution like mine...that simply can not be. My child is dangerous and had been for years.
Thank you.
What is your juvenile record exactly? Is it the record that they are using to justify to keep the child from you?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
My child has no record. The facility contacted DHS and advised she required states custody to receive the continued care they determined she needed.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
My daughter is seriously mentally ill. She has been in and out of facilities since the age of 4. She is not safe outside of facilities for very long before she kills animals and makes attempts on my life and hers.
Ah, okay.
When you had stated, "I have an unusal juvenile case," I thought you meant that you had a record that DHS was using against you.
Okay. I understand the situation. What exactly can I answer for you, i.e. what is your question here?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What can be done to to DHS for slandering me...and how do I ensure no one else ever has to go through this. This is incredibly painful and embarrassing. I am a retired police officer and I now own a preschool...I have spent a life time up holding a system that just spit on me and failed both me and my daughter.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
DHS knew prior to writhing the petition that they had refused to release her to me due her mental health. Yet, they still lied.
Apologies, I have to step away from the site, so, I am going to opt out of your question and open this up for other experts.
Your JustAnswer Account has not been charged for this conversation and your question is back in the queue. You do not have to stay online for the question to be active. Should an expert pick it up, you should be alerted via email and/or SMS (text message) unless you actively disable these features.
There is no need for you to reply at this time as this will "lock" your question back to me, thus inadvertently delaying other experts' access to it.
My apologies for any inconvenience and good luck.
Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 1 year ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney

Different expert here.

If a complaint was filed without basis, consider a civil lawsuit for malicious prosecution and abuse of process.

You can also pursue an internal complaint with the supervisor of the person who handled the matter

Kindly rate me 5 stars.

Happy thanksgiving.

INFOLAWYER, Attorney