legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer
Experience:  Just Answer consultant at Self employed
63726236

I have a property that was setup as a rent to own, while

Customer Question

I have a property that was setup as a rent to own, while going over the contract the tenant had someone over to the house that attack me, and I have pressed charges , but my question is can have the contract null voided to this incident
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Georgia
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: yes I flied charges with police department
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: the person was acting in tenant defense, as a translator.
Expert:  legalgems replied 10 months ago.

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

I am very sorry to hear this;

In addition to criminal charges, please be aware that if there were other injuries or property damage, the attacker can be sued in civil court for economic damages, and possibly even punitive damages designed to punish the defendant and others from engaging in similar conduct in the future.

Unfortunately that would not be cause to void a contract because the contract is separate, and it did not involve the tenant. One can, of course, get a restraining order so that the individual is not allowed on the property, if the lease allows the owner to inspect the property frequently or allows the owner regular access to the property.

Further questions? Please post here to continue the chat.

Satisfied? Kindly rate positively so I receive credit for assisting you. I hope that you feel I have earned

5 stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟*****

as I strive to provide my customers with great service. ☺️

(no additional charges are incurred).

Information provided is for educational purposes only. Consultation with a personal attorney is always recommended so your particular facts may be considered. Thank you and take care.

Hello again; just checking in to see how things worked out;
if you have further questions please don't hesitate to reach out to me here on Just Answer.
Thanks!