How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LegalKnowledge Your Own Question
LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 28344
Experience:  10+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
LegalKnowledge is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a tenant-landlord question, Sorry...I'm in Los

Customer Question

I have a tenant-landlord question
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?
Customer: Sorry...I'm in Los Angeles
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I've had an ongoing harassment issue with one of the other tenants. She's done some pretty egregious stuff, and my landlord refuses to take any action. Long story short, there are police reports and other type stuff
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I'm just curious as to what resourse I have in regards ***** ***** landlord's refusal to intervene
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 11 months ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 11 months ago.

What has this tenant been doing? Have the police charged or cited them with anything?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
She's done everything from keying our cars to calling the police when we're having our sons' birthday parties (every year) to throwing food at our windows to sending people to our door to threaten us.The police have been called many times, but it's always been a he said-she said situation
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 11 months ago.

As a tenant, you have a right to quiet enjoyment and to be free from the harassment and annoyance of other tenants. If this is documented, the landlord needs to act and if the tenant does not cease the conduct, evict her. If the landlord refuses and they are on notice, you would need to vacate and then sue the landlord for damages/costs incurred. I know it is not ideal but if the landlord does not act and you are essentially forced out, then the landlord should make you whole and pay for those costs.