I need to change my direct deposit for my ssi to my new

Customer Question
I need to change...

I need to change my direct deposit for my ssi to my new checking account # as I had to close my old account # because my computer was hacked. How will I do this?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Alaska

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

The bank & credit cards & all have been notified except for social security office.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
11/21/2016
Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 1 year ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

There are three ways to change the deposit into a new account:

1. Setting up a my Social Security account and starting or changing your direct deposit online (Social Security benefits only);
  2. Contacting your bank, credit union or savings and loan association who will then happily walk you through the steps; or
  3. Calling Social Security at 1-***-***-**** (TTY 1-***-***-****) who will then do this for you via the telephone.

The process is made to be very easy and quick.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.

Hello again. This is a courtesy check in to see if you needed anything else in regards ***** ***** question because you never responded or replied positively. I am simply touching base. Let me know. Thanks!