Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

The father of my children has a truck that is in my name

Customer Question

The father of my children has a truck that is in my name that he was suppose to make payments on. I just received a certified letter in the mail from the man that he got the truck from. I spoke with this man and told him that I am having problems contacting my kids father as well. He won't pay for the truck, won't pay insurance so I am and won't give me back the truck. I want the tags to turn in so I can cancel insurance and the man wants his truck since it is not being paid for. I need to fine this guy with "my truck" since it's in my name before the man he owes files charges and my name is ***** ***** in it. I am going to the magistrate today but I don't know about this kind of stuff. All I know is I want out of this mess.
JA: What state is this in? And how old is the truck?
Customer: SC 1992
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No I want to do that today. The man that he owes said he will wait until I try to get the truck back since I called him as soon as I got the letter.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Don't want to sound so ignorant but no I just want to know what to do
Expert:  legalgems replied 9 months ago.

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

Was there a divorce that divided property or were the parties never married? Who is on title for the truck?