Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I have a question about an accident that I was recently in,

Customer Question
I have a question about...
I have a question about an accident that I was recently in
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I am in California
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: There is a police report
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I do not currently have auto insurance
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
11/20/2016
Lawyer: Irwin Law, Attorney replied 1 year ago
Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney

What is your question?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I dont know why this wasnt posted in my original submission. Here is my question:
I was in an accident 4 days ago (Wednesday, today is now Sunday). I do not currently have auto insurance, but the other driver does. I was traveling northbound through an intersection on a green light. The other driver was traveling southbound in the same intersection, also on a green light. As Iwas traveling straight through the intersection, the other driver made a left hand turn and hit the drivers side of my car. There was a police report filed. The other driver told the officer, and myself, that he did not see me. The vehicle that he was driving at the time was a rental car that he had from a different accident that he had about a month prior. I understand that not having insurance limits me from collecting bodily injury, which there were none. I was able to contact the rental car company and find out that the driver did file a claim with his insurance the next day. I have not heard anything from his insurance, and I have left a few messages asking them to call me back. I am not planning to claim any bodily injury, but I need him either pay for my car to be fixed or to pay me for the reasonable value of my car, as well as pay me for the wages that I have lost due to not being able to get to work. How can I make that happen? What are my options?
Tina, Lawyer