Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

What can u do if som makes a false statement to police and

Customer Question
What can u do if...
What can u do if som makes a false statement to police and signs a warrant for your arrest what can u do legally to that person
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
11/20/2016
Lawyer: TJ, Esq., Attorney replied 1 year ago
TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney

Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to answer your legal questions.

You can sue the person for abuse of process, which is a tort. Essentially, it means that the person has abused the police and/or the courts for the purpose of harassing you. If you can prove the claim, then you can win a money judgment against the perpetrator.

Does that answer your question? Please let me know if you need clarification, as I am happy to continue helping you until you are satisfied. Also, please remember to provide a positive rating via the stars (and note that your positive rating is the only way that I'll get credit for helping you, so it is much appreciated!). Thank you. :)

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
OK I need the exact statue this an employee that I work with she tried to terminate me but once the union review the video in the office and they knew she lied and made false statement too the police I came back too work the next day and we still have to go to court Inigo's issue I'm looking for a good lawyer for a counter complaint to sue heron the state of Alabama

Hi again. There is no statute. Like most torts, it's found in the common law (i.e., case law). Here is the Alabama Supreme Court on abuse of process:

"The elements of the tort of abuse of process are 1) the
existence of an ulterior purpose, 2) a wrongful use of
process, and 3) malice."
C.C. & J., Inc. v. Hagood, 711 So.
2d 947, 950 (Ala. 1998).

So, in order to win a lawsuit for abuse of process, you'd need to prove the 3 elements above. I'll note that malicious prosecution, which is nearly identical, may also be a viable cause of action.

In order to find a good lawyer to represent you in Alabama, you should contact the Alabama State Bar's Attorney Referral Service:

https://www.alabar.org/for-the-public/need-legal-help/

1-***-***-****

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you need further clarification, and please remember to provide a positive rating via the stars (and note that your positive rating is the only way that I'll get credit for helping you, so it is much appreciated!). Thank you. :)

Lawyer: TJ, Esq., Attorney replied 12 months ago

Hello again. I didn't hear back from you, so I'm just checking in to make sure that you don't need more help on this issue.

TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney