How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 31787
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm trying to get out a so called marriage. Since it's

Customer Question

Good morning
JA: Hi. What is your issue regarding?
Customer: I'm trying to get out a so called marriage. Since it's provide she still married to someone else. If my marriage license was sealed
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: She married Chris Artz in Bay St Louis Mississippi. She said there's no wanting time in Slidell La.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: There's has . I don't know about mine. Since I didn't go back to do so
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Is my marriage legal
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Roger replied 11 months ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'm a lawyer in Mississippi. I'll be glad to assist.

Expert:  Roger replied 11 months ago.

If she is still married, then the second marriage would be void as a bigamous marriage. Obviously, you can't be married to more than one person at the same time.

Expert:  Roger replied 11 months ago.

You may have to file a petition to have the marriage adjudicated as void so you could walk away from the relationship.