Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

My car was damaged at a local car wash - The truck in front

Customer Question

My car was damaged at a local car wash - The truck in front of my car was to be moved by one of their employees - they didn't move it out in time so my car hit the truck and the car behind mine hit me. The employee then moved the truck but the tow hitch caught my bumper and grill and damaged. The manager wrote out an incident report and stated they would fix my car. They wanted to patch it up rather than have it fixed the correct way. I contacted my insurance company they told me to have them handle the situation. I paid out $1,000 deductible and the insurance company paid the remainder - The carwash has not answered my adjusters calls or letters - I received a call from the subrogation department of my insurance company and she said that if the car wash has a sign up that "they are not responsible for any damages" there is nothing I can do to collect my money or their insurance money. I have written, text and voice mails from the manager stating that they will fix my car - but they are scums of the earth and too shady. What can I do.
JA: What state is this in? And how old is the truck?
Customer: California - my car is a 2010 Mercedes I don't know how old the truck was and I'm sure they didn't tell the owner of the truck that it damaged my car - it's the employees fault - I don't even believe their here in the country legally - I'm tempted to contact immigration to have them deported.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Only through 21st Century Insurance
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I want to know if this is a lost case or not. I just want my $1000 deductible paid back to me.
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 8 months ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

I certainly understand the situation and your concern.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I thought this was a free service. I don't want to pay $31. Please cancel

Not a problem. You can contact customer service