How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 116780
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My sibling has been the victims, Of multiple false

Customer Question

JA: Hello. What is your issue regarding?
Customer: My sibling has been the victims
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Of multiple false harassment orders Massachusetts The person filing has a history of mental illness and has done the same against my mother
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: My mother filed a harassment order against her
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I just want to know what options s my family can take to stop the wave complaints from the filer. Me and my family do not wish to have any further contact
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 8 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
You siblings and mother, in addition to filing harassment orders against her, would have to contact the local district attorney in your city and you need to discuss them pursuing criminal charges against her for filing false public records. Furthermore, your siblings and your mother can file a civil suit against her for harassment and malicious prosecution for filing known false charges without any purpose other than to harass your mother and siblings. So those are your options.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.