Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I recived a complete itemed bill showing in detail what was

Customer Question

I recived a complete itemed bill showing in detail what was done at time of service, I paid 95 % of bill, had payments worked out with the hosptial for the rest, they did not think it was a high enough payment, it was what I could of afford, and when my card expired and the could not run the payment they sent it to 3rd party, this was after I offered to give them the new card and they refused to take payment. When I got a letter from an attorney office, which still states it is a collection agency, 3rd party, I disputed the debt because it was not correct amount, and I did not have a contract with the debt collection agency. They sent me a medical bill with what I owe highlighted in pink, which means someone other than was authorized saw my medical treatment, it that againts Heppa laws?
Expert:  LawTalk replied 10 months ago.

Good afternoon Marlene,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested I can call you after you request a call by clicking on the "Call Me" button on your page.

Let me know if you don't want a call and I will be happy continue here with an answer for you.

Either way, whether I call you or not, in order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. Is what against HIPAA laws? The fact that the collection company sent you a medical bill highlighting whey they were trying to collect?

Thanks in advance,

Doug