How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 116708
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Oh boy...where do I begin. First in early 2014 I was by a

Customer Question

Oh boy...where do I begin. First in early 2014 I was by a supervisor who WASNT even my supervisor. A few month later he was terminated. In 1915 I had 2 total knee replacements, one in Jan and one in July and the In Nov had some abdominal surgery. The stress have gotten so horrific over productive some case manager were taking there work home with them and working till midnight or later to stay "compliant" I had unfortunatenrly used up my FMLY. I am diagnosed with bi-polar and sever depression and high blood pressure, which areunder control but certainthings set me off...chatter, desk butterflys, cellphone talkesr at their desk When I cant get MY work done how do they get away wuth it??? When I came back to word early Dec I got to where I wold get the gags and have diarrhea so bad I couldn't get to work on time and I would go 3- times after that. I went to my Primary/cARE and GAVE all kinds of stufff. I cried in the way to work I cried in to way home, it was awful. I finally got a note from my Primary care let me try to work from home for30 days and the symptoms minimally subsided. My psychiatrist adjusted my meds to s if it would. I was on 4 blood pressure medications and had to cross a 5 mull heavy hraffic tridge 2 x' a day. On tune my supervisor paid fir a wrecker to tow me home because of my safety. I had almost passed out 2-3 times that day and I took my BP regularly. So as " Supervisor" supposing" to support and help their team to be successfulI 7 fell the least they could do was put me back onShort Term Disability untul this all got straightened o! and Well they call were going to CALL m e I was professional and went into the office and they were shocked! I signned the papers
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.
Customer: &Almost done
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Florida
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Well That Pretty much sums it up except maybe a questions he might have. Thank You Pearl
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 8 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Unfortunately, for any action taken in 2014, the one year statute of limitations has expired.
Under FMLA, the employer's only legal obligation is to protect your employment for up to 12 weeks. So, once that time is up, you do not have any further protection under that law.
IF you have a permanent disability, which it sounds like you have, you would have to ask for a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act, where you would be required to submit a medical report to your employer from your doctor explaining your condition and what types of accommodations you can use to be able to keep up with the duties of your job.
FL law does not recognize job related stress from having not enough employees and having to take work home to complete it. So, the issue here is that you would need to submit a written request for accommodation under the ADA and specify something reasonable that would allow you to complete your job duties. If there is no reasonable accommodation that will accommodate your disability, then you need to discuss with your doctor perhaps a permanent disability and filing for Social Security Disability.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.