Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I have a question on a 55 and older park Please help I've

Customer Question
I have a question on...
I have a question on a 55 and older park
Please help
I've owned for years here and at first my aunt was living here to yes she was over 55 then she wanted to moved
So I got a roommate over 55
Then she moved
So yes I was here alone and had to go
And did
I bought still in town
So I was told from old park manager I can use facility's but can't live here unless someone was over 55
Ok now I moved back in September aunt came in October
we revived a certifided letter November 16 2016
On a ruling notice for hearing on November 3 2016
We never revived anything about hearing
Went to see manager but was told I need to talk to their attorney
Their stating that I have lived here from march 2016 and say I owe $900 in fines and attorney fees
Their reason usage of gate key
So I wrote my explanation on reason for gate key to attorney and asked for anouther hearing that was on the nov12 20016 and haven't heard from anyone
So now what call attorney back and ask what's up
And how can they do this now 8 months down the road
I have not been leaving here
I come and go because it's a rental for season I open it up get it ready for renters and close it up when there gone
I do what repairs I need to do
I have friends in the park that I visit and help out if they need me
Use the fasiltys when I can, golf course, pool,hot tub.
Can they do this to me
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
11/18/2016
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 1 year ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If the park is 55+ and you are not living there but going to the unit to prepare it for rentals, then you have not violated the bylaws and you need to send a written objection to them explaining your situation and attaching any proof. As far as using the facilities, this depends on the bylaws, just because you own the property does not necessarily give you rights to use the facilities if you are renting the property out, so your association could fine you for using those facilities if the bylaws prevent it and then it would be up to you to actually prove you received permission to use them to avoid the fine.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you that helps me
Thank you for your reply.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney