Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I am hoping you can help me out here. I am wondering if we

Customer Question
Hi There. I am...
Hi There. I am hoping you can help me out here. I am wondering if we even have a suite to file, We moved in to a home owned my AmericanHomes4Rent on Nov 5th. Long story short, This place was pictured to have a fully fenced back yard and it is not. The company claims they are "working on it". Now here we sit, with two cats and a dog that would really like to utilize the back yard, and cannot. Now we have had strays in the back yard as well. We are in Georgia. Do we have grounds to bring law suite???
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
11/18/2016
Lawyer: Asad Rahman, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer

Yes I do believe you have grounds to file suit. Your claim would be fraud and deceptive trade practices. You relied on photos in purchasing the home and the key element is missing.

Let me know if you have any additional questions otherwise a positive rating would be greatly appreciated
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Do we have a right to refuse to pay the rent coming due the 1st of Dec??

You can withhold rent if you had given the landlord and opportunity to install the fence and a reasonable timeline. And then you can install the fence yourself and withhold rent

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you. Are you local to Georgia, or should we seek lawyers closer to us??

I am based out of texas so you need a Geogia licensed attorney.

If you have any additional questions just let me know otherwise a positive rating would be greatly appreciated.

Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer