How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Asad Rahman Your Own Question
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 2156
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Asad Rahman is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I feel like I am working in a hostile environment I

Customer Question

I feel like I am working in a hostile environment I presented my position on what happened to my boss and I have to leave the situation with that particular employee because I feel like she took a situation and abused me verbally and yet my boss is not appropriately handling it I went to the director and he heard my concern and tell me that she needs to report it as I told him I refuse to go back and work in the office with her and I wanted to talk to the HR department and needed their number and he said it was her responsibility to report that immediately yet after she set me up with the computer once he made her do that that would be away from that employee she later brought me in her office and asked me why I would go to someone else when she talked to this particular employee and handle that herself but I do not feel safe and I do not feel like my work environment is emotionally productive to me and she wanted me to just trust her to take care of it the other issue was I cannot do my work on the laptop that that she provided so in the end the only alternative was to go back into that office and nothing was handled
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Colorado
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I written a report on paper of the incidence yet I was told that my supervisor had to report it
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 9 months ago.

I am sorry to hear this. at this point you need to submit your complaint to HR in writing. If they fail to address is satisfactorily. then you may want to consider a lawsuit. the key is to provide notice of your complaint in writing.

Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 9 months ago.

If you have any additional questions just let me know otherwise a positive rating would be greatly appreciated.