Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I'm trying to find case law involving Federal agencies that

Customer Question

I'm trying to find case law involving Federal agencies that sued grantees to recover misspent grant funds, but were also held partially liable or lost the cases because the court decided that the agencies were derelict in their grant monitoring responsibility. Such cases might involve HUD, DOJ, or any other agencies as the plaintiffs. Can you suggest where to search for such cases, and/or what search elements to use, i.e. case type or other citation? Thank you.
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 11 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

I noticed no one had picked up on this question despite it being online for a long while. Likely that's because these type of research questions are extremely difficult to answer correctly because there are so many variables.

If you woudl like I can provid eyou with:

1) A link to a section of Google that is specifically for legal research,

2) A link to an inexpensive e-book that explains how to do research,

3) An initial search term that is likely to generate a list of cases,

4) An explanation as to what kind of citations you are looking for.

If this will be sufficient please let me know and I will move forward. If that isn't sufficient if you will let me know I will opt out and open it back up to other experts.

Also, when you ran the Google search that was unsuccessful, were you running it on the main page at Google.com?