How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dwayne B. Your Own Question
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 33746
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Dwayne B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need a lawyer, Dr Hargett is a dr. In Dothan ala. And I

Customer Question

I need a lawyer
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Dr Hargett is a dr. In Dothan ala. And I live in ga. I need help
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I had surgery in Dothan ala. I live in ga. He operated on my back and paralyzed,ed my diaphram. Help
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I cannot breathe due to my lung does not work and back still kills me.
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 10 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 10 months ago.

Is there a specific question with which I could assist?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Is this a malpractice case?
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 10 months ago.

If it is a case at all it would be a malpractice case. The way the laws are written now if you are a patient and the defendant is a medical provider the courts call it a malpractice case.

As to whether you have a valid case, there is no way to know at this point. There are certain "known dangers" of back surgery although I don't know if this is one of them.

What you would want to do is visit with a local lawyer who does medical malpractice work and they will examine the records and likely have an expert look at them as well. The issue here could be medical malpractice on the part of the surgeon or on the part of the anesthesiologist.