Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I was told there is a document that is legal between an

Customer Question
expectant mother n the people...
I was told there is a document that is legal between an expectant mother n the people whom want to adopt her baby that they can sign with a notary public that can be put in the courthouse. Where can we get a copy of these papers.It's a mother given custody of her newborn to a couple to raise n adopt as there own.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
11/17/2016
Lawyer: Dwayne B., Attorney replied 1 year ago
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

Are you asking 1) if it is possible to have such a document or 2) if there is a document like that available free somewhere online?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Is there 1 online
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Can you please send the site to my email address or the Document please please please

I ran a quick search and was unable to find one that even came close to what would be required. In addition, the person can withdraw from the agreement at any time prior ro the adoption under a "public policy exception".

I've seen a number of those drafted over the years and many of us disagree with what has to be in them. In my opinion, you need to be sure that the document not only advises them of their right, including the right to withdraw, but also advises them to go and have the document examined by their own attorney and has a place for them to sign saying that they had the opportunity to have it examined.

This is the kind of form that is rarely used and so it's not likely you're going to find one online. Although I'd recommend having your own attorney draft one from scratch for you with your unique facts, you may be able to have LegalZoom do one (they don't have one right now that I can see). The problem is that it will be generic.

Please ask any additional questions that you have in this thread. I want to be sure that all of your questions are answered.

Dwayne B.
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney