How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DrakeLAW Your Own Question
DrakeLAW, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 739
Experience:  Attorney at Drake Law Firm PLC
Type Your Legal Question Here...
DrakeLAW is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can a person be given a 100,000 judgement from an auto

Customer Question

Can a person be given a 100,000 judgement from an auto accident 6 years ago with notificaton. I was driving my parents car and the insurance company denied the claim I was in school never received motivation I found out about the judegment when I went to renew my license
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: pa
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I have a judgement against me.. I never received a summons
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: i am not employed I work per die m. What can I do to get my license restored
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  DrakeLAW replied 8 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you, please give me a moment to review and possibly research answers to your question.

Expert:  DrakeLAW replied 8 months ago.

You can file bankruptcy to quickly discharge the judgment and get your license restored.

But, you should have been served that lawsuit that gave rise to the judgment. You need to get the affidavit of service in that court proceeding and find out how they claim service was made if you want to try and set aside the judgment. But note, even if you set aside the judgment, they can just re-file it so if you do not have a defense the judgment will ultimately go back and ultimately lead to the loss of license again....which goes back to perhaps just filing bankruptcy if you cannot pay on that judgment.