Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

How do i request a court order to get my name off of a birth

Customer Question

how do i request a court order to get my name off of a birth certificate when i am not the biologial father in the state of MI? Can I apply without a lawyer?
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the court order was issued in?
Customer: Michigan
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: The mother has filed for support with county services
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 9 months ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. I am a licensed attorney and look forward to helping you. I am reviewing your question and will reply back shortly.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
thank you
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Could you answer my question

Sorry, I'm having some computer issues that is making it difficult to answer. I was also looking to see if there were forms to help you.

There is an application to remove or replace a father on a birth record that would have to be filed with the Department of Vital Records. With that you will need to file an court determination of non-paternity. For that, you need to file a petition with the court to make a determination of paternity with the court within 3 years of the child's birth.

Unfortunately I have not been able to find any self-help forms for such a petition. For that you would want to consult a family law attorney who can draft the petition and argue the matter for you before the court.