How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I hired a contractor for a remodel who did a terrible job,

Customer Question

I hired a contractor for a remodel who did a terrible job, and abandoned the project. Turns out the guy was unlicensed the entire time so I am advised I am entitled to recover all I paid him per Business and Professions Code 7031. I am also advised he may be obligated to pay my attorneys fees and civil penalties under Business and Professions Code 17200 et seq. Have been unable to locate an attorney who will take my case on a contingency basis.
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  LawTalk replied 8 months ago.

Good morning Kitty,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. I have been a CA licensed attorney for more than 3 decades. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. What is your legal question?