How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 31672
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My wife has an insurance policy with Conseco worth $72,000.

Customer Question

My wife has an insurance policy with Conseco worth $72,000. We were told they changed hands and we haven't heard anything since. Many people have complained about being scammed by this company. What recourse do we have?
JA: Because consumer protection law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Washington State
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Not yet.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: We have a statement dated March 2015, telling us that the surrender value of the policy is $72,413.38.
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Roger replied 8 months ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

If Conseco transferred your insurance policy, you should have received some notice of assignment. But, if you did not receive this and if Conseco has no way of informing you of the status of your policy, the best thing to do is to contact the department of insurance or the consumer fraud division of your state's attorney general's office in order to have them investigate the matter and determine the status of your policy.

If this is an issue affecting others, both of these agencies should be familiar with the situation and you should be able to get some information to help you.