LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I am a practicing attorney with more than 3 decades of experience in the legal field.
15277592

If someone within-a corporation FORGED a eight contract with

Customer Question

If someone within-a corporation FORGED a eight contract with my signature what issues could something arise that a judge would not honor the forgery
Expert:  LawTalk replied 9 months ago.

Good morning,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. A what contract? I never heard of an "eight" contract.

2. What was the contract for?

3. Who was being bound by the contract?

4. Why would the contract be before a judge----how will it get there?

Doug

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It was a eight page contract agreeing to enter a facility for mental health issues.
Even though I hired a handwriting expert and it was proved 100% the document was forged. The company says they still don't believe the contract was forged - they told me that a judge might rule in their favor and I would get nothing
Expert:  LawTalk replied 9 months ago.

Good morning Bren,

Thank you for the clarification! That was the information that I needed to assist you.

I will presume that your handwriting analyst is a professional with a background in handwriting analysis that will qualify them to act as an Expert Witness in the event of a trial or hearing before a judge. The fact that the other party still does not believe that the signature is not yours really isn't the issue. This comes down to you word that you never signed the contract, and your Expert's determination that the signature is not yours.

When you prove through expert witness testimony that the signature on the contract is not yours, then the judge will have little choice but to find the written contract void---as it pertains to you---based on fraud/forgery and the contract will be unenforceable by the opposing party.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Please know that I answer your questions in good faith, providing you with the information that you ask for, and I do that with the expectation that you would act likewise, and rate my service to you. Rating me costs you nothing as you have already paid the deposit for my help, or you are a subscription customer already. All rating does is ensure that I am paid for my time in working with you. So, please do be sure to rate my service to you. Rating is accomplished by clicking on the rating-stars on your page. Thank you in advance for your positive rating.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Doug