How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 102189
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Thank You need ask for inmigration lawyer, California, My

Customer Question

Thank You need ask for inmigration lawyer
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: California
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: My nephew came from Colombia yesterday, he is 20 years old, We don't know was question they do for him but they bad him to Colombia today, he didn't broke any low he has Tourist Visa and Planning come for vacations 2 months ehat rights he has now? is legality they don't do entrance him? what he can do now when he palnning come again?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no is all
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Ely replied 8 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. Unfortunately, this is legal. Even if the alien has a visa, USA still retains the right to disallow entry at the border. And the authorities do not have to justify their reason for doing so. While this does not happen often, it is known to occur, especially at times where ICE/CBP believe that the alien will engage in illegal activity, overstay their visa, or some other reason.

If he wants to come again, he will need to first contact the US Embassy/Consulate and ask why he was denied entry. The consular agent should provide a reason, and hopefully it would be something that he can remedy and then be allowed entry on the second attempt.

Please note: If I tell you simply what you wish to hear, this would be unfair to you. I need to be honest with you and sometimes this means providing information that is not optimal. Negative ratings are reserved for experts who are rude or for erroneous information. Please rate me on the quality of my information; do not punish me for my honesty.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.

Expert:  Ely replied 8 months ago.
Hello again. This is a courtesy check in to see if you needed anything else in regards ***** ***** question because you never responded or replied positively. I am simply touching base. Let me know. Thanks!