Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  16 yrs practice, Civil, Criminal, Domestic, Realtor, Landlord 26 yrs
19958803

I have guardianship for my two granddaughters in calif, have

Customer Question

I have guardianship for my two granddaughters in calif, have gone to court in calif to move to, Indiana, how do i file for Guardianship in Indiana? Nancy C. Rochford
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?
Customer: moving from California to Indiana
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: filed with court in california
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: what papers do I file and where do I find them?
Expert:  Barrister replied 8 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

If the guardianship is still in effect, then you just need to "domesticate" the judgment and order by taking a certified copy of it from the CA courts and recording it with the IN court clerk in the county where you will be living. That will then allow IN to enforce the CA order.

.

.

thanks