How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Barrister Your Own Question
Barrister, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 37098
Experience:  16 yrs practice, Civil, Criminal, Domestic, Realtor, Landlord 26 yrs
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Barrister is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have guardianship for my two granddaughters in calif, have

Customer Question

I have guardianship for my two granddaughters in calif, have gone to court in calif to move to, Indiana, how do i file for Guardianship in Indiana? Nancy C. Rochford
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?
Customer: moving from California to Indiana
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: filed with court in california
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: what papers do I file and where do I find them?
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Barrister replied 8 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.


If the guardianship is still in effect, then you just need to "domesticate" the judgment and order by taking a certified copy of it from the CA courts and recording it with the IN court clerk in the county where you will be living. That will then allow IN to enforce the CA order.