How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 118110
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son is in Colorado and he has been abused by his

Customer Question

My son is in Colorado and he has been abused by his girlfriend over the past 2 years. Yes I know it sounds unlikely but it is true. The thought he was in love. He was finally able to move on with his life and have nothing to do with her. She is planning to destroy him within the legal system and she is starting with a restraining order. All of which will be unfounded; what does my son need to do to protect himself, his reputation, and his name?
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 10 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

It is not unbelievable that a male could be abused by a female in a relationship. He needs to be the one to get away from her and of course she will try to abuse the legal system to continue to abuse him. You need to hire your son an attorney and your son will need to put the evidence together of her abusive conduct towards him and that will have to be introduced in court to prove to the court she is the abusive party in the relationship. So if there were any police reports or witnesses to the abuse, that is the best place to start here to protect himself and his reputation, but you MUST hire him an attorney to represent him, that is the starting point.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Can you recommend a lawyer in Denver Colorado?
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 10 months ago.
Thank you for your reply.

We cannot make personal referrals but the best we can do is suggest the same sites used by other attorneys or
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
How will he know if she is pursuing something? Is there a way to find out without getting a lawyer?
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 10 months ago.
You said she started with a restraining order. If she went for a restraining order then she pursued something. Even if she has not filed a restraining order if this woman is as abusive as you say, your son needs an attorney to file his own restraining orders to keep her away from him and keep her from contacting him.