How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 19472
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I recently purchased a phone online from a yard sale site..

Customer Question

I recently purchased a phone online from a yard sale site.. I paid the lady $300, she said it worked. It doesn't I was wondering if there was any legal actions I could take to get my money back?
JA: We have a 30 day refund policy so you can simply email***@******.*** and they will try to fix your problem or refund your money.
Customer: ?
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: The answer wasn't to my question
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Indiana.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No, I wasn't sure how to go about this or if it's worth it?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 10 months ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 10 months ago.

I am sorry to read that you were deceived.

you need to make a demand to the seller for refund. If your demand is ignored or denied, then you need to file a Small Claim at your local Courthouse. You can obtain Small Claim forms at the Courthouse in the Clerk's office.

Goodluck with your case,

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thank you. I have asked for money back and they blocked and ignored me so I will go to the courthouse.
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 10 months ago.

You are quite Welcome!

Kindly take a minute and use the popup screen to give a 5-star rating to my response so that I can receive proper credit for addressing your concerns. There is no additional cost to you for giving a 5-star rating.

Thank you for your cooperation.