How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Asad Rahman Your Own Question
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 2185
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Asad Rahman is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Question is I have a friend who was suppose to get money

Customer Question

question is I have a friend who was suppose to get money from her grandpa . grandpa gave money for her birthdays and other events , grandpa would give the money to my friends mother . and mother was to give the money to my friend but never kept it for herself . is there any legal action to be taken against the mother ?
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: wisconsin
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: not yet
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: my friend talked to grandpa and found out that the total $ kept from my friend was $100,000 + rough figure .
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 11 months ago.

I am really sorry to hear that. Yes, your friend was what is called an intended 3rd party beneficiary who can file a lawsuit to recover the money she was to receive.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 11 months ago.

If you have no further questions a positive rating would be greatly appreciated