How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I would like to recover 7-9 thousand dollars. Michigan, No,

Customer Question

I would like to recover 7-9 thousand dollars.
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Michigan Hello?
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Briefly, my dad had a stroke March. My brother went to the bank with a power of attorney and took over my dad's account. For about a two year period my brother via a debit card took $. 200-250 from the account and my dad would like the money back. In additon to the debit transactions an initial $3000 is also missing
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 8 months ago.

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

Expert:  P. Simmons replied 8 months ago.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Do you have a question regarding this? Are you asking if your dad can sue your brother to recover this money?