How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Barrister Your Own Question
Barrister, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 38207
Experience:  17 yrs practice, Civil, Criminal, Domestic, Realtor, Landlord 26 yrs
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Barrister is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What is my next step

Customer Question

What is my next step
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Barrister replied 11 months ago.

Hello again,


Have you send a written dispute letter to the landlord within 15 days of getting their damage letter?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Expert:  Barrister replied 11 months ago.

Ok, then as I mentioned in the other question thread, if you can't settle with the landlord on any deductions, then your recourse here is to file a small claims court lawsuit against the landlord for breach of contract and force him to appear in court and justify his deductions..