How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Legalease Your Own Question
Legalease, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 16378
Experience:  15 years exp all aspects of general law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Legalease is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

When i was in High school, i recieve my citizenship under my

Customer Question

When i was in High school , i recieve my citizenship under my father. I wrote my full name plus another first name i went by also, cause i remember the office clerknl said to write the name i go by. One of my employer did a background check when i wqs first hire and both name shows up. Do i need to correct my citizenship document since i never had a judge change my name? Or just get it replace and how would i go explaining it?
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Legalease replied 9 months ago.

Hello there --


Are you a US citizen and have naturalization papers? If so, whatever you have written on your naturalization papers as your name is ***** ***** name in the United States. If the issue seems to become a problem for you, then my suggestion is to make sure that you have your naturalization paperwork available to show any potential employer or any other party or entity that requests an explanation of the other name that you carry. It is perfectly acceptable to tell anyone who asks that either name is ***** ***** you simply do not use the other name any longer. Other than this, you can certainly apply to a family court in the county where you live for a name change to correct any items on your documentation -- if you contact the family court clerk's office you can get paperwork to file to change your name and so long as you have a valid reason for doing so, the court will have no problems letting you correct the name and issuing you a court order with the correct name.


I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any further questions. If not, can you please press a positive rating above in the star rating section so I will be credited for my time assisting you today? THANK YOU VERY MUCH

Related Legal Questions