Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

Here is the basic facts question id do we have standing in

Customer Question
Here is the basic facts...
Here is the basic facts question id do we have standing in Florida courts
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?
Customer: CB sue RW a real este brker for Real negligence, carless, fraudulent actions etc etc in a real estate closing Prior to commencement of suit, defendant attorney was asked to submit insurance policy of agent, the lawyer for the defendant did that
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: a suit against broker was filed, Deefndant's brokers attorney answered it and filed notice of motion to dismiss plaintiffs complaint which was denied, apps 8 months later the court ruled against the real estate broker. In the courthouse that dy defendants attorney said well it is about time to notofy defendants e & O carrier, he did, and a week later he advised that carrier had disclaimed coverage of late notce there after the attorney just said my client will defend this matter himself and pay reduced legal fees to me
JA: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.
Customer: the first question arising ws why defendants attorney did not file DJ action there was no prejudice, the late notice was pp. 8 months, .
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: It was recently found out that defendant biggest client in his office was said insurancee company, we found it out by accident, the attorney never told u about this potential conflict so in essence atty ws repsenting insurance company nd also broker. what is my standing, can I make a claim against attorney? etc etc thanks i await word from you
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
11/12/2016
Lawyer: Irwin Law, Attorney replied 1 year ago
Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney

Hello Richard. Your basic question seems to be whether or not you can file suit against someone in Florida. I can't tell what you're cases based on, but if it was a real estate transaction in Florida, and by a Florida real estate broker, and a Florida licensed attorney, then you definitely have standing to sue any of them in a Florida court. Beyond that, the facts that you present are not clear enough to answer any further questions. Please feel free to send reply with more details and facts if you are still in need of information.This being Saturday, I will be on and off-line time to time so I thank you for your patience.

Lawyer: Irwin Law, Attorney replied 12 months ago

Hello again Richard. I hope that I have provided excellent service and, if so, would love a 5 star rating. If not, please let me know how I can further assist you. There is no additional charge to you for rating me. A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.

Thanks again for using JUST ANSWER.

Irwin Law
Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney