How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 19296
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I will try to make a story short. I purchase land from a

Customer Question

I will try to make a long story short. I purchase land from a person who self finance. I made my payments but because the interest rate was a little high, I wanted to refinance the land through a friend of mine who was going to purchase the land and let me pay him back interest free. I was late with a few payments but paid my note. In the contract the seller (if I did not pay the note) could request demand for payment and if the payment was not received within a certain time, I would lose the property. I could not refinance the loan without the written consent of the seller. So, I told him I was not satisfied with the interest rate and wanted to refinance the loan. The seller told me he would work with me and give me time to catch-up. Also doing this time frame, I did not want to lose the land because 2 years earlier when I purchase it, no one would have ever though that the land was located on an ocean of oil (long story). I told the seller to send me the demand letter for amount due. He kept stating he would send it but in the mean time.....I had nothing to worry about. I banked the money so that once at the seller sent me the demand letter, I could pay the account off in full. I figure he could not sell the land without contacting me....and when he did, again I had the money to pay the loan off in full. I was thinking if he wanted to try to help me, thinking maybe I did not have the money and he did not want to see me lose my land. I also was not worry too much about it either because my right to the oil and mineral was not effective until Nov. 2016. Anyway, the seller sold the land without my knowledge. When I call him he stated that it would be not courts in the world who would grant me my land back, even if he did not ever send my (per our contact), notification that he demand payment within a certain time frame.
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: The property is located in Louisiana.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I have the paperwork from the contract and I file.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not at this time.
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 9 months ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 9 months ago.

I am sorry, but I am having difficulty understanding your post.

Kindly review, edit, properly identify the parties and your issues, ask specific question(s), and resubmit.

Thank you for your cooperation,

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Shane Cooper, a person I purchase land from in Louisiana, sold my property without my consent and we had a legal document stating our purchase/sale agreement.Oil was found under the land 2 years after my purchase and this year Nov. 2016 I officially have the rights to the oil and mineral under the land.How do I evict the person who is living on my property and sue Shane Cooper (who I purchase the land from) and also get my land back.
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 9 months ago.

Thank you for the information.

You need to file a lawsuit to quiet title. Unfortunately, this kind of lawsuit is a complex litigation that would require the assistance of a local Attorney who handles real estate litigation to assist you with the case.

You can use the following sites to find local Attorneys:

Goodluck with your case,