How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Asad Rahman Your Own Question
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 2129
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Asad Rahman is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I think I need a lawyers. I was verbally and physically

Customer Question

I think I need a lawyers. I was verbally and physically assaulted by the owner/manager of my building. I called the police. I paid my November rent and the officers delivered my check to him. The outburst causes me fear and anxiety and asthma attacks. This occurred on 11/5/16. I am 75 years old and I am living in fear and don't want to talk to this man.
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Los Angeles, CA
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: A police report has been generated and I have not requested a copy yet.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: How much will this consult cost, please?
JA: I'm not sure of the exact price, but there's only a $5 deposit. The rest of the price information will be on the page I send you to.
Customer: Thank you.
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 8 months ago.

I am sorry to hear that. You need to file a restraining order against them and you could file a lawsuit for assault.