Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
91018665

We have a frigidaire side by side. We turned off the

Customer Question

we have a frigidaire side by side. We turned off the icemaker because it was not filling the icemaker and the noise it was making was squealing so bad we had to turn off the icemaker.. Well the line froze up and backed up to the faucet and since it had no place to go te water leaked down onto the floor and with us not beig able to get te the water supply to ru==turn it off it remaimed on for 5 years but off inside the fridge. The waterfinally spilled out from the baseboard onto the floor and leaked under te viyl flooring which turned the vinyl flooring purple. I spent 2 years tryng to find out why our floor was purple not knowing that under the vinyul the purple was really black mold. when we finally pulled out te fridge today there was bloack mold all over the faucet where the water had backed up and water still in the baseboard that was continuing to fill the space in te line that had leaked out, All that water leaked into the barthroom behind the fridge ad under te vimyl flooring and now that flooring is also purple and the watet has leaked back to the toilet ad ow the toilet will have to be replaced. Have you heard of this happening? The insurance company will not pay as they tell me it was a maitenance issue when for 5 years we did not know we had water everywhere except for the purple floor which was really black. otherwise we knew nothing, The insurance company is still stalling and told us we had a water leak but when i turned on the faucet it was not leaking so we now have major damage i two rooms ad the insurance company which is Allstate?????? who i hate. and they are not paying aws they told me it s a aintenance issue and that when we bought the housew e should have checked the fridge lie???? What??? How many people check a fridge line we te buy a house? Have you heard of this happening? I mean this water has be dripping out of this faucet due to the lie being too full and frozen sop the water had no other place to go except back to the faucet. if they do not pay this claim we will lose our house because we have no money anywhere close to what the damages this has caused by sitting there with no other place to run except the room behind the wall.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Frigidaire is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model? You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the appliance technician. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.
Customer: how ,much is the total
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Not really as I am 70 years old and that will be somewhat hard since I have breast cancer and just had a back surgery
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: i just think the insurance should have paid by coming out to look at the fridge instead of having me send them pictures via my phone which took me forever so they made a determination by seeig nothing but black mold and not the water line
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 10 months ago.

I am sorry to hear this. Unfortunately insurance companies tend to find any basis to deny a claim. You may ultimately need to file a suit to enforce your coverage.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
This will take forever when i have insurance and a refrigerator sitting in the middle of my kitchen. The insurance company made their decision by ;looking at a picture and did not send anyone to look at the problem by based their decision in 10 seconds by looking at a picture. i have no money to fix it or call someone to repair the massie damages The insurance knew about the damages and new tey did ot want to pay the colaim so they bolamed me when the fridge was checked by a usda appraiser before we bought this house in 2011. All the drains were checked and septoic and drians were all clear but insurance is denying this claim so how am i supposed to get money to hire te attorney? What do i use with breast cancer meds and chemo while I am waiting. Your answer is stupid and unsatisfactory. No lawyer is going to take a case on refrigerator damage. i am not satisfied with your answer whatsoever, In my opinion that was a totally dumb answer to someone who is dying we all I need is some helpo with an insurance issue. I asked a olumbing question not a legal question. This was not legal it was plumbing.issue. Ridiculous answer when all you gad to say was i had te wrong place to answer my question instead of telling e to get an attorney. Not satisfied amd either would anyone else be satisfied. You should have said that i have to get a olumber for my answer instead of an attorney telling me to get an attorney. This is a website. It was not worth me paying you $28 for a ridiculous answer. You are apparently no plumber. I want a refund and the i' will rate.. I am mot trying to destroy your reputatio but i want a refund. You answered a question you knew nothing about and should have told me i needed a professional plumber.