Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
18321761

I live in a federal low income hotel.......and manager and

Customer Question

i live in a federal low income hotel.......and manager and maint staff enter apartments without notice......steal meds and personal stuff, this has been going on for years and no one knew how to complain.........i investigated everything and these people as right
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: ca not employment
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: i filed for a restraining order and it was denied
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: that I am going to bring this to the communities attention......i have a meeting with the stockton record with a journalist
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I have over 10 years experience with Security and have assisted Law Enforcement. I am very observant and take detailed descriptions of things that go on around me.
On Feb. 26th, 2016, at 9 am I had set my Apartment up to evaluate if my Apartment would be illegally Entered while I was away. I purposely left my Bicycle in the closet and walked to Walgreens to get Eucalyptus oil, to Battle the Bed Bug epidemic in the Hotel. everything in my Apartment Had a Place, and even arranged some Paperwork on my Kitchen Table, so that I would know if something was moved. The walk to Walgreens and Back was about 2 miles, and took me about 45 minutes. As I was walking out the Front Door, I saw Lynn Harwell, the Manager, and told her where i was going. 45 Min later, I came into the office and told Lynn that my Apartment was entered while i was away, and everything was gone through and dumped onto my floor, All my Medications were emptied out, my Flexeril and Norco pain pills were taken, some were crushed and appeared to be snorted. I have white tea candles that I Use regularly and each one sits in a Holder that I place on Top of 5 " Mirrors. They serve as my Safety precaution in the event of a candle melting or bursting. A safety issue that prevented any chance of a fire, should a candle burn out of control, it would cool immediately and Harden up. About 5 or six mirrors were Taken. I had Cameras set up around the room, one was my Cell Phone which had a $40 SD card inside, to record and take pictures , My Film was removed from my Expensive Minolta camera that was perched way up high. Another Camera, a Canon, still had the film in it, had caught some pictures on my 35m Film along with my other photographs, when it was set off. Lynn Asked to see that film and i handed it to her to Develop expecting her to give back my other photos of Various art Subjects I had Taken and never heard from Lynn about it again, She said She would check on the Hotels Surveillance Cameras, and Told me there was nothing on there. I knew then at that moment that Tony, (the Maintanence man) , and Lynn were Involved Together, in this scheme of stealing from the reisidence that lived here, This has been going on for over 8 years, and nothing is ever done about it. I have talked with many of the elderly Tenants here that have been residence before Lynn started working here. I have No Doubts that some of these people have had health Issues because they did not have thier medication when it was needed. I even knew someone that had their heart pills stolen. The Seriousness of these actions has appalled me I Have seen that it Happens Quite frequently And Seen People Move out because of the Thefts I have continued to investigate this matter in detail of my observations. These walls are very thin and i hear many things. Everything That I document here, i will swear under oath that everything is true. I Have also heard Lynn tell my neighbor across the hall, to call her when ever I left my Apartment, which I thought was odd, until I realized why. Her Staff also has told her when ever I would leave or be on the way back. Lynn Harwell spent a lot of time in the apartment next to mine, She is there every night aand spending time with this Guy and hugging the walls listening to everything I do or say, even listening my Phone calls, which I also tested out. This is very annoying and reminds me of Tree rats gnawing at the edges of the sheet rock. Many times I would get up and go sleep in the other room.
Years ago in 1989, I was Brutally assaulted in my sleep, by someone that had illegally entered my apartment and had beat my head in with a maglite flashlight which almost killed me and has caused me great pain ever since and mental issues that Still affect me to this day. Knowing that Lynn walks into peoples Apartments really bothers me and has affected my sleep very bad. It Traumatizes me, and causes me great fear at night. I have stumbled on quite a few people that have woken up to find Lynn Harwell in their Room while asleep or in the shower. This Terrifies me and is very criminal. Stalking and Invasion of Privacy. I have Taken many actions Including Contacting the Main office Twice by Letter and never received a response, Plus many phones calls. How can this Company allow this to terrorize it own tenants and Steal Medication that affects their Health. 75% of Staff is aware of this and allows it to happen. Past Tenants were Kicked out when anyone tried to do something about it, or didnt know how to pursue it. The System needs to be fixed and Companys Need to Address the Problem instead of making people go around in circles. Stealing from Handicap individuals who are poor and trying to pull their lives back together. This Is a lot more than Harassment. Lynn has sent other tenants to distract you away from your apartment, while they illegally enter your apartment and steal. One tenant in room 515(Joe) had asked me to help him clean his a
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
One tenant in room 515(Joe) had asked me to help him clean his apartment. When I went to help him out, My Apartment was entered again and turned upside down. I later found out that this guy Joe has a sister who already comes and cleans his apartment on a regular basis, and he was setting me up for this. He also asked me to help him clean again another day and again my Apartment was illegally entered. Thats when I found out his sister always cleans his place and he was using me to satisfy the illegal entries of Lynn and Tony. Getting others to help them steal, and Harass tenants. I keep to myself and bother no one, while trying to focus on my Physical therapy, and Projects that I Do, in the privacy of my own place. I Love staying up late, and working on my Book that I plan on Publishing. I try to relax by sewing or Drawing and Have asked to be left alone. Both Tony and Lynn are constantly harassing me or stalking nearby. Pestering me while i am writing my Book. It needs to stop immediately. Also Lynn Charged me $200 extra to move into a 1 bedroom apt, when I was Promised the next 1 bedroom available after being tranfered from another facility, where I was forced to move all my furniture from my 1 bedroom apartment into a Small Studio, and was told I would get the next one available. That never happened and I was told that i had to pay $200 to get the next one. This is also harassment, and the money goes into their own pockets, because they chose to profit from it, another criminal act and harassment that you never should have been charged with. I have 4 witnesses to the fact that i was promised a one bedroom ASAP.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
i need a good lawyer to represent me but cant find a good one. I have all the proof and witnesses
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
this lady has been getting away with it for 8 yrs.because i have gone farther than anyone before.............shes trying to evict me. i sent the FBI after her and she lied and said i was a drug addict...........this is not true and can prove it. but they sure were scared when agents showed up. all of the staff knows about this and get rewarded for not saying anything. this is criminal corruption.
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 8 months ago.

I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you. I'm reviewing your question now. Please be patient while I research and compose a reply for you.

Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 8 months ago.

This sounds to me as if one of your difficulties is that you are looking to solve the problem internally, when it would appear that management is part of the problem and is conspiring with others in the building to allow this to happen.

A security system in your apartment is a good idea. Perhaps if you get a different kind and place or hide the surveillance cameras carefully, you can document the activities you're complaining about and finally get the police and/or FBI to take your complaints seriously and believe your word over that of the managers of your building.

The key to something like this is to amass hard evidence -- photos, videos, emails, text messages, names of live witnesses -- to convince the authorities that the building staff has been conspiring to systematically vandalize apartments and rob tenants of their property and medication. Without hard evidence, you could still complain to the police and make a formal report or do the same again with the FBI, but it will once again be your word against the building manager's, and once again, your complaint may go nowhere at all.

With concrete evidence that crimes are taking place and are deliberately overlooked by the building management you would have criminal and civil remedies you could take and get some justice.

Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 8 months ago.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.