Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

My husband of over 30 years passed away on November 1, 2016.

Customer Question
He sustained a fall in...
My husband of over 30 years passed away on November 1, 2016. He sustained a fall in turn which caused the hospital bed in his room to have that come off in his hands making him fall and had blood coming from his nose etc.
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: The problem here is that the coroners office was lied to by the Company 6 by her own admission is really not respectful to residents of Oak Park. They seem to feel we don't matter. That California That said, he was in failing health and I wont deny that but they just now gave us no alternative and demanded they do an autopsy as our doctor reason on the death certificate was a problem for them. They could have done this the morning he died had they not been lied to by the very professionals that were there to help my husband. Now this office wants to do the same thing and try and sweep this all under the rug while they have been holding us hostage with a death certificate they would not accept and said it was "speculation" they are now doing the very same thing "speculating" as to what caused his fall to begin with - they don't know and now we are told they will not do anything else I need help desperately
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Just the coroner report is pending our doctor sent the death certificate over to them for approval and because he put the cause of death as he had fallen causing a cardiac event which in turn caused his accidental death.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Our doctor knows him and knows how he is doing. Dr. Park our Cardiovascular doctor told us recently he had an Aortic Aneurysm, but it shouldn't rupture. At this point with the force of the fall and the metal bed railing coming off in his hands and he was holding it to his chest and it went down to his stomach, we believe something happened and caused that to rupture or it just did we don't know and now they won't even do a full autopsy because well there is no head injury
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
11/10/2016
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 1 year ago

Can you tell me what state you are in here so I may assist you tonight, I am so sorry for your loss.

Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 1 year ago

Are you wanting to do a private autopsy here if necessary?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
we are in california sacramento and no we are not going to Texas
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
can you even give this advice for this state? I let the first person know we were in California
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Are you going to answer or respond to me?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
HELLO?????
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ARE YOU THERE???
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
we are being told that even tho they will not do a full autopsy because apparently we don't matter since they have held the death certificate over our head and in the mean time my husband is still waiting to be put to rest
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 1 year ago

I am here, I will opt out for a California lawyer.No need to reply, others will pick it up, thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
whatever this is a ripoff
Tina, Lawyer