How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My daughter's ex-father-law passed away. Her ex wants

Customer Question

My daughter's ex-father-law passed away. Her ex wants nothing to do with anything. How does she get a power of attorney to take over all of his legal issues such as motorcycle insurance due to someone for his deathl
JA: Not for this question, but they might if you need additional services. You'll have to ask the lawyer about that.
Customer: OK. Thanks
JA: Can you tell me what state this is in? And just to clarify, what paperwork has been filed?
Customer: She has managed to have a power of attorney signed by him to take care of his remains and personal items.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Such as?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: He has a very small bank account and the check coming from the insurance company that needs to be released to next of kin. She is the mother of his grandchildren.
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Gerald, Esq replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. Please bear with me while I review your question. I will respond fully shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Gerald, Esq replied 11 months ago.


Besides your daughter's ex husband and your daughter's children are ther any other heirs of the deceased? Also was there a Will? and which state is this in?

Thank you.

Kind regards,


Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No other heirs. No will. Ex is in Calf. My daughter in AZ
Expert:  Gerald, Esq replied 11 months ago.

Where did the deceased reside?