Lucy, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Lawyer
26798026

I received a summons which I generated a response and a

Customer Question

I received a summons which I generated a response and a motion to dismiss to in the time required. There has not been any response from the court that i can tell. Now I have received a request for production of documents. Do I have to provide the documents requested?
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?
Customer: Florida
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I filed a response to the summons and a motion to dismiss
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 11 months ago.

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

You'll be required to produce the requested documents unless the case is dismissed before the deadline. If the court has taken no action on your motion and the time for the other party to respond has passed, you may want to file a Request for Hearing to see if you can get it on the docket. Once there's a hearing scheduled, you'll know if you need to file a Motion to Stay Discovery until after the Motion to Dismiss is heard. But right now, if you file nothing new and the judge doesn't rule on the Motion to Dismiss, you will have to reply to the discovery.

If you have any questions or concerns about my response, please reply WITHOUT RATING. It's important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so I am paid for the time I spend answering questions. If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. There is no charge for follow-up questions. Thank you.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
What is the deadline to response to a response and or motion to dismiss in Florida?

Discovery is supposed to include a due date for responses. If it doesn't say, it's 30 days after they make service. Florida Rules Civ. P., Rule 1.350.

Time to reply to motions depends on the local rules of your court. In most courts, it's 10 or 20 days, but check the court's website to see what they say.

Do you have any other questions about this?