Lucy, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Lawyer
26798026

Wat dose legal item means, Virgina, It said filed, Yes I

Customer Question

Wat dose legal item means
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Virgina
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: It said filed
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes I don't really have anything on my credit
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
My from Virginia name is***** have a filed on my credit with money on there
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 9 months ago.

Hi Robert,

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

On a credit report, "legal item" means that someone has filed a lawsuit against you. There should be also a reference number next to it. If you don't know of anyone who would be suing you, try calling the clerk of the local Superior Court in your area to see if they show a case with your name or the reference number. You may also want to call the Small Claims court in your area - if someone is suing you, it should be in the county where you live. So that's the first step.

You also have the ability to file a dispute through the credit bureau and seek more information that way. At the very least, they should be able to tell you who placed the report and confirm whether it might have been a mistake. That tends to take longer, though, so try the courthouse first.

If you have any questions or concerns about my response, please reply WITHOUT RATING. It's important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so I am paid for the time I spend answering questions. If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. There is no charge for follow-up questions. Thank you.

Did you have any other questions about this?