How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 31731
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm wanting to get a divorce My husband is arrested for

Customer Question

I'm wanting to get a divorce My husband is arrested for sexual conduct with his daughter and 1st degree inceast I have children and I want out of the marriage
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: I live in sc
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No I just want divorce
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Is there a way I can get divorce with out waiting a year and file for myself because of the charges he is being charged with
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Legal
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have children and I do not want them harmed also been separated since the February of this year
Expert:  Roger replied 9 months ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

Under South Carolina law, S.C. Code § 20-3-10, S.C. Code § 20-3-10, there are four are considered fault grounds: adultery; habitual drunkenness or narcotics abuse; physical cruelty and one year’s desertion. If you have any grounds under this statute, a divorce an be obtained within 90 days.

Expert:  Roger replied 9 months ago.

If there are no grounds, then the only way to get a divorce is to be separated for at least 1 year.