Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

I would like to understand a redress #. I do travel alot and

Customer Question

I would like to understand a redress #. I do travel alot and it would be a big help. How to I and my husband get this?
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: HI
JA: Hi. What is your issue regarding?
Customer: Redress #'s for my husband and I. How do we get one? We travel quite often.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: NO.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO> Mahalo
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 11 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
A "redress number" is a number given to travelers whose name is ***** ***** Do Not Fly list. If you and your husband are not on a Do Not Fly List you are looking for a Trusted Traveler or Known Traveler number.
You have two choices, first you can apply for global entry, some credit card companies will pay for this $100 fee and if you travel internationally that is what you want to apply for. See: https://www.cbp.gov/travel/trusted-traveler-programs/global-entry
Second, you can apply for TSA Pre Chek, which you can do at: https://www.tsa.gov/precheck
With both for these, you have to fill out the application and pay your fee and then upon approval of your application you have to go to the TSA office for an in person interview and fingerprinting.
Once you apply for either one you will get a Known Traveler or Trusted Traveler number and both will then give you access to pre chek and you can go through the expedited lines for check in at the airport when you enter that number in your reservation when booking your flights.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.